The cold weather can play havoc with your ordinarily tame tresses, so here are some tops tips to keep your locks looking great this winter!
- With the weather getting colder, it can be tough to keep your curls bouncy when using products instead of hard and crunchy! Try Tigi’s Foxy Curls contour cream. It is moisture rich, so it softens rather than stiffens!
- Want to avoid bad hat hair? For long hair, twist and secure a high bun on the top of you head before adoring your headgear and just shake loose when you take it off again! For short hair, pull the front section of your hair into four small bumps and secure with grips. This will keep your hair bouncy, not flattened!
- Try more updos this winter. Not only will they help to protect your hair from the harsh cold, wind and rain; but they also look wonderfully festive!!
- Sick of the wind causing your once shiny, smooth hair to become a matte, tangled mess? Try using a leave-in conditioner after each wash to build stronger hair and help keep tangles away. Also, keep some conditioning spray or a shine boosting serum in your hand bag for quick touch ups.
- And last but not least, remember to keep your hair super moisturised! The harsh elements will really dry out your hair, not to mention the increased use of heat styling; so make sure that you stick to moisturiser, sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners, ditch anything ‘volumising’ as that will also dry your hair out; and deep condition once a week. Try Shu Uemura Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Nourishing Treatment. It works wonders!